Child Protection is an area of Law in Victoria that regulates how and when the Department of Families, Fairness & Housing can become involved with a family on either a legal or voluntary basis.
Children’s Law is a separate area of law in Victoria and our team is led by Law Institute of Victoria Accredited Specialist Carl Robertson, working alongside Solicitor Jess Brown. Our child protection team acts for parents, children, grandparents and other family members in the Bendigo Region and across the state.
In the event you need someone to represent you in Court, it is essential that you have an experienced lawyer who supports you and will ensure your interests are protected.
Beyond technical knowledge and experience, working in child protection requires compassion and the ability to look at a situation objectively – regardless of the backstory.
Our Child Protection team aspires to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients.
- Advising on Intervention Order breaches
- Breach Applications
- Changing Intervention Orders
- Child Protection Applications (made by the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing)
- Children’s Court Appearances
- Extension Applications
- Family Violence Intervention Orders (known in NSW as AVO’s)
- Personal Safety Intervention Orders
- Protection Applications
- Responding to Intervention Orders (incl. Police Applications)
- Therapeutic Treatment Orders